Goal 1 of the 2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan is to provide multi-modal options that support a safe, active and healthy community. To assist in determining how well the region is meeting this goal five performance measures were developed. These performance measures all focus on reducing the number and severity of crashes in the region, in addition to assessing how well the region’s roadway transportation system is meeting the region’s transportation needs.
- Fatalities per year (five-year rolling average)
- Rate of Fatalities (five-year rolling average)
- Serious Injuries per year (five-year rolling average)
- Rate of Serious Injuries (five-year rolling average)
- Number of non-motorized fatalities and serious injuries (five-year rolling average)
Download the full 61 page Performance Measures Methodology Report by clicking the button below. (766KB PDF)