BTPO Traffic Counts
Bannock Transportation Planning Organization conducts traffic counts throughout the year but most counts occur between April and October. The traffic counts shown in the table below are 48 to 72 hour Annual Average Daily Traffic Counts (AADT). AADTs are determined by averaging a two or three days of traffic and converted to that average to an annual average by multiplying a seasonal factor. Typically the counts are conducted on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. BTPO completed a Traffic Data Program report which outlines the procedures and quality assurance program used in the BTPO planning area. Travel Data and Operations Manual.
The PDF files is a database results which show the traffic counts from 2012 to the month on the file. The fields are:
- Location – The street where the count was taken
- Direction – The direction from nearest cross street
- Cross Street – The name of the nearest cross street.
- Date – The date traffic count was taken. Counts are taken over two to three days the date of the Wednesday is usually used as date of the count.
- Seasonal adjustments – Based on ART stations within the urban area a seasonal adjustment factor for each day by month is multiplied to raw count.
- ADT – The Average Daily (24- hour) Traffic for all travel lanes seasonal adjusted
Tube Counts 2013-2016 (PDF) (last Updated May 11, 2016)
The traffic count map shows the location of all counts from 2013 – 2016.
Idaho Transportation Department Automatic Traffic Counts
The following is a list of the traffic count locations which run continuously in our community.